I didn’t manage to finish something every day, but even arbitrary deadlines can help spur you to action and I was able to put a lot of equipment through testing I’d been meaning to do for a while. I actually enjoyed these little post-it notes the most out of any of it. Super disposable, diminutive and adhesive. I’m thinking I might try to cover a wall with these little things.
I’ve taken to working with dip nibs a lot. With a little effort you can get a lot of control over weight variation. I pulled out some bright green Lamy ink to test out one of the folded nibs I made a few weeks ago. Most of what I did turned out to be either shading experimentation or letter work.
I tried to dedicate at least some time to working on understanding the famously finicky kuretake brush pen. Some errors. Some successes.
I’d love to work on copperplate etchings at some stage. Getting the linework and shading right is surprisingly tricky. I used a flex nib and PITT pen for these two respectively and went for something with a little colour and little white acrylic stars below to finish the month off. A fine brush would have worked a lot better than the nib I had available.